... I was once again informed that I would be unable to run my regular programs. An employee got a little hot headed and is "suspended" from work for the week. So, in place, there's me.
Therefore Tuesday I sat and the counter and checked the kids into the club. It actually went really well. Afterwords I was able to take a group of kids outside and play sand volleyball. They had a blast. The kids were a little young, so the concept of "bump, set, spike" wasn't evident - it was more of a "get the ball over the net." The team numbers also began to dwindle once they realized the fun of just digging and burying things in the sand :)
That evening we also had a mishap at the club. One of the toilets was clogged and overflowing. You'd think this wasn't a big issue. However it ended up not only affecting one toilet, but all six in both the boys and girls restrooms. No toliets, no service. Meaning we had all lines busy at 5:00 calling guardians to come pick them up.
We had one girl break my heart. She was only 7 and was trying to get a hold of her mother. She had told us that her mother worked at McDonalds, so we went ahead and called. The manager looked through all her employee records and has never had employee by that name. We couldn't exactly tell the girl that her mother lied to her, but needed to explain that her mother wasn't currenly wasn't there. To see the look on the little girls face - she struggled to understand why her mother wasn't there and kept trying to figure out where she might be.
I tried to occupy her with sidewalk chalk until a guardian could be reached.
I arrived at work today with the plumbers going at work. They remained here until 4:00 attempting to fix the problem. I found myself in a panic when I realize... I had to go the restroom! What do I do?! Thankfully I forgot my lunch and I had the van, so I picked up Arby's for lunch (first time having fast food since leaving IN!) and stopped at Mary Jo's work place for a restroom.
We had to close the club again today - of course that means I still had to work :( Some of the kids still arrived at the club afterschool. So we had the joy of dealing with frantic parents and bus of kids all calling guardians.
... It was a rather eventful time ...
Love
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow. You update your blog so much I just can't keep up. But it's always nice to hear about your crazy adventures. I Hope things are getting better and that you are starting to get more into your schedule. I hope everything works out. Praying for you. Always.
Love you!
Post a Comment