Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Said What?!

    So, besides all the fun that happened at Hesston, there was a little trouble.   A few of you obviously know about this already....  hence all the comments about my mothers hair color ;)

    Saturday night I planned on staying up until my train left (3am on Sunday).  Well, around midnight I began to feel a little sick.  I laid down for a while, however by 2:30am I hadn't improved, but got worse.  I was in a full blown hypoglycemia attack and had begun to shake and convulse.  By 3:30am I was checking into a hotel room with my friend Kendall, who is also a hypoglycemic.  I felt more comfortable being sick off campus and a little bit safer having my friend monitor my reactions.
   It would've been nice to tell you I fell asleep and woke up better.  However, this didn't happen.  Awake all morning long and still shaking we decided it was time to go.   Another friend, Kenyon, came to get me and we went to the hospital.   There was no one else in the Emergency Room, so I was immediately helped.    When it comes to me and taking blood... I never seem to get the nice nurses.   It seemed to take FOREVER for her to insert tube into my hand... and then, drawing blood... that took forever and a half.   
   I remained at the hospital for a couple hours while they tested my blood, gave me and IV, some sort of injection, and a fun pill that knocked me out.  Long story short, they didn't find much wrong.  They just treated my reactions and allowed me to walk out.  
   I'd tell you about the rest of the day, however I can't recall much of it.   According to Kenyon and Kendall, I was rather entertaining.   I was a little confusing when I talked, a little loopy, I slept for a decent amount of time.   However, I recall having perfectly clear conversations,  I just remember the topics were a little odd.  :) 
   I decided not to take the train Monday morning, but stay in the hotel and continue to rest.   In hind-sight I think this was a wise decision.   I rested one more day before I got on the train, Tuesday at 3:30am.  
   My train ride, well that's another story.   For I boarded the train with 37 senior citizens who were traveling to New Mexico to view art exhibits.    Let me tell you, 3am, doesn't slow these ladies down.   They were chatty little ladies!    I was able to move away from them and get a couple hours of sleep on the train.   
   The train arrived 8 hours later at Trinidad, Colorado.   I knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore.  I went from fall season to winter in the matter of hours!   There was frost everywhere.  But wait, it gets better.  Driving through the mountains - I hit a snow storm.   It wasn't awful, but visibility wasn't the greatest, the roads were dressed with slush, and it was COLD!  Needless to say I told mom  about the snow AFTER I was through the pass :)
   I've finally been at "unit home" for a day.  I'm still pretty dizzy, weak, and loopy.  But I've kept my funny comments to myself.   I'm going somewhere again this weekend,  so hopefully I bounce back soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

better make that hair color kits for you mom and all her friends!!

Anonymous said...

so what have you been doing this week?

 
Front Foot Leads The Back One