Wednesday, October 1, 2008

She Got That From Her Mom

.... Just a quick side note ....

On the drive to work Mary Jo came across this.


On the other side of the road was a family of deer. The Rio Grande River is close behind these houses, thus the deer often come into the neighborhood. Mary Jo and I found this really exciting... as we whipped out the camera, sat at the stop sign and took pictures. The locals however find this very annoying, getting frustrated with the deer eating the yards up, getting into the gardens, and scrapping the bark. This frustration was shown as another oncoming driver layed on the horn to get them to move. Mary Jo and I remained, just watching :)

I had to stop at family dollar on Tuesday because I forgot socks and I was on my way to the gym. Of course it always happen, the socks I picked wouldn't ring up. So while the cashier was getting another package, I turned and apologized to the man standing in line behind me....
and what happens.
He starts telling me how he's in no rush because of yellow jackets that stung him at his house. I got to hear the whole story about yellow jackets, why and where they are, where he got "bit" and the painful sensation.
I felt like my mother. I had some random person rambling on to me and all I said was a few words. I must have some of my mother in me... whatever it is that just makes people talk to her at stores, apparently I got some of it too :)

Love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so are you starting to get in shape out there yet?

Anonymous said...

OK. I THOUGHT I LEFT A COMMENT THIS AM BUT DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THIS WORKS SO ILL TRY AGAIN.iT'S GOOD TO KNOW YOUR LIKE YOUR MOTHER!! NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL WHEN EVERYONE TALKS TO ME WHEN I AM SHOPPING. IT MUST BE SOMETHING IN OUR EYES HAHAHAHA.WHAT IS SO AMAZING IS I DON'T EVEN MAKE THE FIRST COMMENT BEFORE THEY TALK TO ME, (I KNOW OUR FRIENDS FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE) LOVE YA MOM

 
Front Foot Leads The Back One