0 - 3 - 1
That's my team's record. We had a double header today, straight back to back games. Sadly we just aren't able to finish and win a game. Mary Jo and I have been struggling to figure out what's happening, we are capable of winning and just feel bad that we haven't made it happen. Thankfully at every single game we've had the parents come up to us and thank us for working with the kids, or tell us about how much the kids are enjoying soccer with us. The kids also laugh and joke around during the games, so we content and happy that they are having a good time.
Late today Mary Jo and I decided to go for a walk...ok, in all honesty....
Mary Jo and I were walking around the neighborhood trying to find aspen trees that have turned yellow. Why? Well we are in service, hence we don't have money. So we were cutting branches so we could make our own fall house decorations...
Anyway, in the middle of us sneaking into random yard, we found someone having a yard sale. Guess what they had?!
A FISH TANK
We pulled the house for a quick discussion and agreed upon the logical and justifiable purchase of the tank. However, she was a good salesperson and convinced us to not just buy one fish tank, but buy TWO - ten gallon tanks! (all for $4) :)
We currently have two gold fish. Pescado (Spanish word for fish) and Fish (we haven't named him yet). We cleaned out one of the tanks and prepared it for our friends.
Here are our problems:
1. We're technically not allowed to have pets
2. They look very small in the fish tank - which of course means we need to find another member to join the tank :)
3. The two fish we currently have don't tend to get along
We're hoping that by tomorrow morning we still have two fish !
During the night we also had a visitor stop in. Our house is on the "make your way the MVS way" or something like that, which is pretty much an advertisement for people to stay in our houses for free. We had a gentleman from Germany request to stay in our house for a few nights. He just arrived tonight, and of course adds more excitement to our house!
Really quick... I'd like to send a thank you to all the members of Yellow Creek. I want to thank you for the support and generous donation you've made to MMN and my La Jara unit. Your generosity was accepted with gratitude and thanks from all.
Love
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
who is going to clean that tank? better invite your dad out to clean it. just don't have him come ao sunday because it is dive day.
If you invite your dad out, he might put his dive gear on and go INTO the tank!!
just don't let your dad clean the tank in his speedo!
Fish = Poisson (pronounced "pwa-sone")...although it doesn't quite roll of the tongue quite the same...
Hey, I'm sure Megan's Dad is very proud of his little fish keeper. And besides everyone knows you don't clean a goldfish tank in a speedo. That's for saltwater tanks only.
I'm glad to know I hit a topic that sparked conversation... I feel that I have a lot of scuba knowledgeable readers :)
As for the speedo ... currently my house thinks my family is normal. I'd like to keep it that way :)
only if your house family would know the truth about your cazy family back in indiana. i think all of ndc is reading your blog now, it is like your own little fan club
Post a Comment