Pumpkin pancakes sounded good... right?
I attempted to make them, and the batter was really good. However thats about as far as that went.
1. I cook pancakes on a griddle, we don't own a griddle
2. High altitude screws everything up
After many attempt and a handful of burnt pancakes ready, I finally made some that looked decent. The remaining problem... they were either cooked but burnt, or brown and "moist."
I was so frustrated with the pancakes not working I opted to make something else to redeem myself. My choice, angel food cake.
It was already 10pm and I had a hectic day, so I'll blame it on my brain shutting down. For after I spent all the time separating 11 egg whites, I just went ahead threw them in the bowl with all the other ingredients and turned on the blender. Didn't phase my mind to recheck the recipe. And yet, sure enough the card read, " blend till fluff peaks form....blending in only 1/4 cup of flour at a time"
What did I do? Throw everything on the bowl and flip the switch.
Needless to say, I was angry. Yet still hopefully that my mistakes could still turn out. So I baked it.
You know when you were a kid and you have those ginger-man cookies that you hang on the christmas tree. They are real cookies but made or sprayed with something that makes them non-edible yet look tasty?
That was my cake.
It looked pretty... but dense and stiff.
Kindly Nate sacrificed himself to be the taste tester.... when I asked him how it was, he responded "well............ uh..... the middles not so bad.... and, um.... its definitely chewy."
I urged him to spit it out, but in his dignity, he finished :)
Thankfully I still have hope and am determined to make something :)
Love.
2 comments:
Something tells me I still took a bite out of that hanging Ginger Bread Man...I beleive it failed to live up to expectations... :)
i wish i was there to help you out..though i'm sure we would both end up making some sort of crazy food experiment! :) haha..
kimberly.
Post a Comment