House-sitting. It always has its stories.
The house at which we were staying had a trampoline out back, something I tended to take advantage of. Its been a while since I've been on a trampoline, so it took a lil time till I was able to "control" my bounces, but once there, I could reach the sky :)
I went back to relive the feelings of being a cheerleader. Throwing layouts, flips, tucks, jumps ... it was like being in basket tosses all over again :) Needless to say it was fun, the next day my body discovered sore muscles I never knew I had!
That day at the house I also got to witness a part of nature.... the mating of turkeys. Something that I wouldn't share about, however this circumstance was interesting. You see, rather than witnessing what normally would happen, when I looked over I observed something unusual. There sat the female turkey on the ground, not by choice, but by force. For on top of the female turkeys back were two feet. There stood the 40 pound male turkey. At first it appeared that the male turkey was playing "king of the rock" however it soon turned to an attempt of homicide. The poor female turkey sat squished on the ground gasping for air.
Mary Jo decided that no possible reproduction could occur from this absurd act. Putting an end to his fun, we knocked him off with a stick.
This story of course ends like all others with turkeys. I made an enemy that day, which of course, lead to a chase. :(
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment