It was awkward.
It truly is like the first day of school. You can tell the leader was sorta trying to leave, but wanted to make sure I had everything that I needed and all my paper work was getting completed. For supposedly being an event coordinator, work isn't very eventful. The person who is actually suppose to meet with me, tell me what my jobs exactly are and sign all my papers for me, will be gone until Monday. So currently, I'm at the mercy of all the Boys and Girls Club workers. They aren't very organized and gave me very little information. Which is somewhat frustrating and aids to my impatiences till my real job starts. (The pic above is me in front of the Boys and Girls Club building, embarrassing part was walking inside to find all of the Adam's State College football players in the middle of a meeting!)
On my first day I had to sit in the office and read through the B&G Club manual... woo hoo. It was a paper work day. Although I was able to sit in on a "Smart Girls" program and get to know some of the girls.
My second day - today was a little different. I did research and began to put together an article for the Boys and Girls Club, San Luis Valley Newsletter. Not really what my job is, but like I said... I'm at their mercy :) I also had an hour by myself with most of the youth running one of the rooms. They were pretty much either watching a movie, playing games, or surfing on the computers.
I'm a little frustrated about the job, and well, not really having a job. I have my fingers crossed that it will be worked out.
BUT - I HAVE to share my funny story with you. Ok.. While I was in the computer lab one of the little boys kept asking me if I was going to watch the movie. And if I did, I HAD to sit by him. I sat, not next to him, but on a class room chair across from him. He of course had to move a chair beside me and sit as CLOSE as possible to me. Almost immediately as he sat down, he looked at me and asked, "wanna hold hands." There was a long awkward pause and I just responded with "no" "it's really not that cool." Did I mention he was like MAYBE . Yah for awkward moment!
Anyways, the mountains are still beautiful and I love seeing them on my drive every morning.
Thanks for everyone who's been email and keeping in touch. I LOVE hearing from you all!
Don't hesitate to call and update me on your lives!
Love
1 comment:
Yeah for awkward moments! They usually add spice to life...this is a pretty fun way to stay uptodate...I may need to take your idea with me to France!
Au revoir
Post a Comment