Today was an amazing day. It all started at 5:00am, when it was dark and the stars still visible. My house got up early and drove out to Monte Vista. By the time we reached Monte Vista the silhouettes of the mountains were amazing. Even more amazing was the bright orange sun rising up above the mountain.
We came to a national park where we met the hot air balloon pilots and the couple that were flying. All of them were SO much fun. Those that came from our house were the crew. After we signed our life off and were told of all the risks (don't worry mom, I still got all fingers and toes) we helped with setting up the basket, connecting everything, then blowing up the balloon. I was on the end with holding and controlling the balloon, making sure it stayed straight and didn't rise too quickly. (The picture is of our house girls, Emmie, Kendra, Mary Jo and I)
We then jumped in the cars and chased around the balloon until it landed. We packed up, had a celebration for the couple, ending around 9:30am. We all then went out for breakfast. Which was again, amazing and almost two hours long. I learned so much talking with these locals! (Doug is the pilot in this picture, his wife Gigi is also a pilot)Next we got home with enough time to change and head into the country to a crafts day at a friends house. Right when we got there it was time for lunch - I've been trying so many good and new food - especially a lot of goat stuff. We spent the afternoon spinning wool into yarn and batiking eggs (decorating them with wax and dying them). The talking and eating and creating went on till about 7pm.
Lastly, I went to neighbors gardens, getting advice and picking fresh vegetables and herbs for homemade salsa and pesto. We also have a new roommate, the ONLY male, Nate.
It was a great day! I learned so much and met lots of great people. I'm excited for doing these things again.
Love
4 comments:
So am I right in understanding that you didn't actually go up in the balloon? You just got it ready to go for another couple?
Hey boat Babe,
You mom just told me tonight that you have a blog. I can't wait to read more.
Rodney
hello megan! like rodney i was with your mom sunday night and she told us you have a blog :) i'm sure you will have an amazing time in colorado and i can't wait to see what adventures you embark on! trisha
That looks AMAZING! One of my goals is to actually ride in a hot air balloon in my life time : )
why did you have to sign your life away if you weren't actually going up? Just wondering...
sounds like things are going well. I will call soon! MIss you!
Post a Comment