In the duration on my trip to Indiana, I was unable to complete everything I hoped for. The weather didn't allow for my sledding trip on the Indiana dunes. Never the less, I was able to have a great time seeing friends and family.
During the week Mike and I were able to make a trip out to Ohio for the day. Seeing my college friends; Rachel, Kim, and Isaac. Besides driving through fog, it was a great trip. I was also able to attend the Napannee Dive Club Christmas. The light bulb covered scuba tank served as a glorious Christmas tree and center piece :)
Many already know this, but Christmas at the Gongwer house isn't typical. We have our own style. While I image at the end of most family Christmases, children play with their toys, parents fiddle with their new technology, and mothers start to collect wrapping paper off the floor. I may be wrong, but this is what I envision. I wouldn't actually know, for our family Christmases end a little differently.
Even after all Christmas gifts are opened, there remains one gift still wrapped. Each child (meaning Matt, Megan, Eric and I) is handed their last gift. Simultaneously the gift is opened, revealing a projectile of foam balls and suction cups. Yes, our final gift is a Nerf gun. Immediately the game is on.
This year we received "burp gun" which launch small round foam balls. Couches quickly become bunkers, corners - hiding places, balconies - sniper zones. Teams usually devise themselves: Boys vs Girls.
During the week Mike and I were able to make a trip out to Ohio for the day. Seeing my college friends; Rachel, Kim, and Isaac. Besides driving through fog, it was a great trip. I was also able to attend the Napannee Dive Club Christmas. The light bulb covered scuba tank served as a glorious Christmas tree and center piece :)
Many already know this, but Christmas at the Gongwer house isn't typical. We have our own style. While I image at the end of most family Christmases, children play with their toys, parents fiddle with their new technology, and mothers start to collect wrapping paper off the floor. I may be wrong, but this is what I envision. I wouldn't actually know, for our family Christmases end a little differently.
Even after all Christmas gifts are opened, there remains one gift still wrapped. Each child (meaning Matt, Megan, Eric and I) is handed their last gift. Simultaneously the gift is opened, revealing a projectile of foam balls and suction cups. Yes, our final gift is a Nerf gun. Immediately the game is on.
This year we received "burp gun" which launch small round foam balls. Couches quickly become bunkers, corners - hiding places, balconies - sniper zones. Teams usually devise themselves: Boys vs Girls.
5 comments:
thanks, for the update, i am glad that the ndc party made it on the list. i should of told you to goto nappanee sledding hill. they was going fastest & faest they ever went on it last week. fl was great went to the beach everyday
:)
you're such a great writer :) I'm just sad I didn't get a shout out. haha.
liz... your in so many blogs... people would just get tired of hearing your and my stories. :)
(just wait... i don't have all my blogs up yet)
i love that tradition. sounds fun!
I am glad I got to see you for a little bit while you were home. Sad it wasn't more....but we'll catch up soon.
love you! Have a great next few months!
we need to hear your story about the trip back to co. your mom had us laughing hard when she trying to tell it.
:)
Post a Comment