Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fishy Business

I have sad news for inform you all of.
One of the members of our house has recently fallen sick.

I was greeted Thursday morning with the grief of my housemate being sick. I walked up to him, looked through the glass, and there he lie. His little orange body laid at the bottom of the tank, all fills folded down, curled up in the corner. Our poor friend, Pesky the goldfish, has become sickly.
Don't worry, I am my fathers daughter. Hence, I tended to the needs of our domesticated carp. I made him a new room and admitted him to the fishy hospital. He has shown only slight improvement, but the house remains hopeful. He's a trooper. Surviving through multiple years of abuse and new house members. Passed on from owner to owner, he has now become my responsibility.

He's has already taught me so many things. For instance, did you know that a goldfish can float, lie upside down, and become unconscious... yet is not dead! I wonder how many fish have been flushed from the misunderstanding of their unconsciousness?!

Our house is leaning on each other during this time of struggle. Mary Jo and I have been sitting at his bedside, monitoring his behavior. He is at this time accepting prayer. I'll be sure to update you on his status.

Thank you.
Love.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Miss Megan...this one made me lol!! I sure hope Pesky can make it through the dark hours ahead...I am sure he will be in my prayers tonight...hhhhuummm

still laughing in IN

Meg Gongwer said...

p.s. I FINALLY added my pictures from the hike, o about a month ago, they are located on the right side of the blog page.
"A Stroll Up the Mountain"

Anonymous said...

i will say a prayer for pesky and his care takers. better have your dad come out to check him out. i hope he gets better over the next month so you can come home for vacation

Anonymous said...

i will say a prayer for pesky and his care takers. better have your dad come out to check him out. i hope he gets better over the next month so you can come home for vacation

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...you would write an entry about this. and so seriously, too. I love it though. hope your little fishy survives.

Anonymous said...

i didn't passed your blog on soon enough. yesterday at lunch my sister said hear gold fish died and got flushed away. i asked her if she was sure, then i printed off your post and she said oh, maybe it wasn't

 
Front Foot Leads The Back One