Soccer. I knew that sitting in the stands while I had an opportunity to play soccer would have be a regret.I would always wonder: could have I made it playing again? Would I be good enough? I’d think about what it felt like to step on the dewy green field, stand under the field lights and sit after a game, soaking wet, exhausted and completely satisfied of giving your all.
Although, joining the team has now diminished the regret of “I wonder,” I now have a new regret. I now found the sport I love – soccer – to hold no enjoyment. Many factors have brought me to this point.
1. Joining the season late.
2. Sitting on the bench ...its definitely been a new view of the game.
3. Lastly, getting injured.The biggest downfall of playing soccer again. On the second day of practice I strained my quad. Through x-rays the doctor has confirmed the diagnosis of a strain, but there was no further insight to the cause of pain.
So most of my soccer time is now consumed with learning how to ultrasound my own leg, physical therapy as well as a lot of standing and watching. Its been emotionally and physically rough to get through, but hopefully it will improve.
(p.s. thanks to the fans that sat through the cold weather games :) )
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like you need some nice warm sunshine!!!!!!! oh what the ndc does for it boat babes
Post a Comment