Saturday, May 30, 2009

Rocky Mountian Camp.... Again

This was my fourth time at Rocky Mountain Mennonite Camp. The Mennonite Voluntary Service had a retreat where all units across the US could get together. Thankfully for us it was only four hours away :)

It was great seeing some friends from other units and people we met at our beginning orientation. During the week we had a sessions with a speaker, a little bit of worship, free time, and unit presentations. ... when we put up the photos of before and after the living room make over ... all we heard were gasps. Many people we made comments of the unbelievable improvements we've made to the house, as well as how many activities our house has done together.

During the week a group of us took a hike up the mountain. It was under two hours long ... but steep. However, being from high altitude us La Jara folk were already aclimated... NOT... I was dying! I thought it'd be easy for me ... seeing how I'm used to the altitude. However hiking UP a mountian... UP.. thats the key part. I live in a valley where there rarely are stairs. I never have to go UP!!! However we all made it to the top... even the Kansas flat landers :)
During the week I was also able to see some family! Zachary and I got lots of quality time together :)

And lastly, we went back to the Boulder unit for the rest of the weekend. It was great being in the city, being able to walk to store, being able to walk in the RAIN, feeling .. HUMIDITY!!!! Our last venture for the weekend was going to the National Park. Where we hiked around. All of us girls wore flip flops, being told that we weren't ever going to be hiking a mile... haha.. well it wouldn't been helpful to know part of that mile... would be throught SNOW. The rangers that did catch sight of our thin layers and sandals did nothing but smile and shake their heads. And yes, even though we were freezing cold ... we continued to stay in the rain (at points singing : "I'm Singin' in the Rain") and we had a good time.

3 comments:

Jewel said...

I can't remember...did I already tell you that I know Tonya? If so, sorry! I know her from Hesston College! She was Resident Director when I was there.

ndc said...

hey about time for a update. how about some of those projects around the house?

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's taken me so long... I've had blogs written out for days ... I was just waiting on pictures ... woops! They'll be ready soon :)

 
Front Foot Leads The Back One